Christ School relies on the talent, creativity, and enthusiasm of many parents to support the school community throughout the year.
If you have questions about the Parent Council, please contact Kathy Belk in the Advancement Office at (828) 684-6232 ext. 126 or email@example.com.
Click on a project to see a more detailed explanation.
- Tailgate – Asheville School Football Game (Home) – October 27, 2018
- Homecoming Dance – October 27, 2018
- Christmas Project – December 2018
- Valentine's Day – February 13 & 14, 2019
- Mother/Son Weekend April 5-6, 2019
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation Lunch – May 8, 2019
- Student End of the Year Celebration – May 2019
- Parent Partners – Summer 2019
- Registration – August 2019
- Social Events Committee
- Student Activities Committee
- Greenies Connection
- Prayer Group – Ongoing
Interested in enhancing special events on and off campus with your creative or culinary skills? Are you willing to assist in inviting young ladies to attend co-ed functions (dinners, dances, other socials)?Options for involvement include:
1. Help the school by identifying high school girls who may enjoy receiving communication (text) about & postcard invitations to Christ School social events.
2. Decorate the dance venues: Homecoming Dance and Valentine's Dance.
Assist the Student Activities Director in enhancing special student events at Christ School.
An example of this: Parent Council provides team decor and competitive games for Super Bowl dormitory parties. In general, the Student Activities Director plans and implements the events and Parent Council assists with baked goods, treats or other resources that add the “wow” factor.
1. Help remind parents to participate in the Red Cross Blood Drive.
2. Manna Food Drive: Help encourage donations among families and students September/ October. (Note that we are in competition with area schools!)
We are looking for parents to work with the College Guidance Office. We need parents willing to speak with current students and CS graduates by phone & email in need of career advice and/or contacts in their field of interest. We are also interested in any folks that may be able to offer summer internships to our alumni or students.
Two more ways to support Christ School from home:
Harris Teeter "Together in Education" (TIE)
Beginning August 1, you can link to Christ School at your local Harris Teeter grocery store and Christ School will receive a percentage of your purchase dollars. Read more and visit Harris Teeter's website to link your card today.
Ingles Advantage "Tools for Schools"
You can link to Christ School at your local Ingles grocery store and Christ School will receive a percentage of your purchase dollars. Read more and visit Ingles' website to link your card today.