Information for Parents
THURSDAY, MAY 18
- 7:00 p.m. – Athletic Awards Ceremony, Mebane Fieldhouse
FRIDAY, MAY 19
- 8:30 p.m. – Celebration of the Class of 2023, Pingree Auditorium.
- All Boarding Students Must Return To Campus (No exceptions)
SATURDAY, MAY 20
- 5:00 p.m. – All-school Awards Ceremony, Mebane Fieldhouse, (All current students, their families, and guests invited)
- 6:15 p.m. – Dinner in the Asheville area (We recommend making reservations)
- 10:00 p.m. – All Boarding Students Must Return To Campus (No exceptions)
SUNDAY, MAY 21
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. – Coffee, Dining Hall (optional)
- 9:00 a.m. – Baccalaureate (graduates and up to two family members each - St. Joseph's Chapel)
- 9:45 a.m. – Seniors and underclassmen begin to line up for processional.
- 10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. – Commencement, Yard A, ALL members of the Christ School Community invited - (In case of rain, exercises will be held in the Mebane Fieldhouse.)
- 11:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. – Optional Reception, Stolz Hall Patio, (For Only Graduates, Families, and Guests).
Reserve Lodging & Make Dinner Reservations Early
Hotels offering discounts to Christ School guests.
The dining hall will be available for meals all weekend. However, many families prefer to make dinner plans following the Awards Ceremony and lunch following Commencement.
Christ School Class Ring
Through Herff Jones, a leading supplier of high school and college graduation products, Christ School offers both a traditional and signet class ring. The rings are on display in the bookstore and can be sized and purchased at the bookstore. Herff Jones offers a lifetime warranty, which includes resizing and repairing at no charge. There is no obligation to buy a ring.
For Christ School Graduation Announcements, we recommend ImageSmith at http://csp.imagesmith.com.
ImageSmith is currently experiencing some technical difficulties that makes their page display incorrectly in certain browsers on certain devices. If the instructions below don't work for you, please write directly to email@example.com and they will process your order directly via email rather than through their website.
ImageSmith Website instructions:
- Click on "Register" below the log in button
- Enter your contact information and username (we suggest your e-mail address)
- At "Choose Facility," click in the box and select ImageSmith (the only option available)
- Once logged in, you will see the Graduation Announcements product. Click on it and you'll be able to enter the quantity and student's full name, proof it for accuracy, and submit your order with credit card payment.
- Turnaround is 3-5 working days plus shipping. You can choose to pick up your order at the Arden facility, or have it shipped to you.
If you have any questions or issues in the ordering process, please contact ImageSmith's Project Management Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-684-4512
Moving Out of the Dorm
Graduates will be expected to move out of the dorm by 4pm on the day of graduation. Boarding students are given plenty of time and access to supplies during the preceding weeks to pack. Be aware that the circle on upper campus will be blocked off during the graduation exercises.
What to Wear
With the variety of activities scheduled, you may want to bring a selection of casual, and dressy casual attire. Weather permitting, commencement exercises will be held outside on Yard A lawn (south side of the chapel). Temperatures in May are unpredictable, so check the forecast and pack accordingly.
- Parents & Guests – suggested attire
- Senior Celebration: Casual attire
- Awards: Dressy casual attire
- Commencement: Men typically wear a coat/tie; women wear dresses or nice pants and top
- Graduate attire
- Awards night: Coat & tie
- Baccalaureate and Commencement ceremony: Green CS blazer, white shirt, CS tie, khakis and dress shoes. Mr. Hyche will review with the students in the weeks ahead.
- Parking: Follow signs to the parking lots. The chapel road and Wetmore circle will be closed beginning Saturday afternoon until Sunday at noon.
- Handicapped Guests: Golf cart valets will be available to escort handicapped guests on Saturday evening and Sunday morning to the Awards Ceremony and to Yard A and St. Joseph’s Chapel.
A professional photographer will be on hand to get a picture of your son as he receives his diploma. After the ceremony, the photographer will also be available to take group and family pictures. These photos will be available on the photographer’s website in the weeks following graduation. Christ School will email all parents the link to the website.
Our policy mandates that all boarding students remain on campus through Commencement on Sunday, May 21. Commencement is on Sunday from 10:15 AM to 11:00 AM, which is relatively short for graduation ceremonies. The reasons for having your sons here through the Graduation Ceremony are listed below.
- Many underclassmen are recognized and honored in the awards ceremonies at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday evening, May 20.
- We believe it is important for the underclassmen to attend the Commencement of the Class of 2023. It is a foreshadowing of the passage that the younger boys will be making in the near future. It is also an opportunity to say goodbye and bring closure to the tight friendships your sons have developed with the graduating seniors.
- The underclassmen have a role in preparing the campus for the various graduation events.
We invite you and your family to join us for any of the events on Saturday and Sunday, May 20 and May 21. Some events are reserved for the families of graduates as indicated on the schedule. I urge you to also make your hotel reservations as soon as possible.
Please contact Steve Stay should you need any assistance in preparation for your visit. We look forward to seeing you in May 2023.