YoungLife is a worldwide, non-profit, Christian non-denominational, parachurch ministry. YoungLife consists of many branches of ministry but most commonly the name "YoungLife" refers to the outreach arm of the organization directed toward high school students. YoungLife staff and volunteer leaders build relationships with teenagers through a variety of social interactions, formal and informal events, and group trips.
YoungLife Vision: Every adolescent will have the opportunity to meet Jesus Christ and follow Him.
YoungLife Mission: Introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith. We accomplish our mission by....
- Building personal relationships with them.
- Winning the right to be heard.
- Providing experiences that are fun, adventurous and life-changing.
- Sharing our lives and the Good News of Jesus Christ with adolescents.
- Inviting them to personally respond to this Good News.
- Loving them regardless of their response.
- Nurturing kids so they might grow in their love for Christ and the knowledge of God's Word and become people who can share their faith with others.
- Helping young people develop the skills, assets and attitudes to reach their full God-given potential.
- Encouraging kids to live connected to the Body of Christ by being an active member of a local congregation.
- Living according to and communicating the whole Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Carrying out our mission under the authority of Scripture and relying on the Holy Spirit to empower our ministry.
- Encouraging the welfare and spiritual health of those who do this ministry that they may minister out of a consistent and growing relationship with Christ and His followers.
- Researching and developing innovative approaches to reaching uncommitted, disinterested kids around the world.
- Reaching adolescents of all social, cultural, economic and ethnic backgrounds throughout the world.
- Working with followers of Christ from a variety of traditions and local churches around the world.
- Welcoming all those whom God calls to our mission -- men and women of all races, staff and volunteers -- who are linked to a common purpose of introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ.
- Observing the highest standards of stewardship for all of the resources placed in our trust.
YL at Christ School meeta at an Off Campus site on Tuesdays at 7:00 PM. All students are allowed to participate in YL but must be in good Academic Standings in order to miss study hall on that particular day. Contact Coach Harris for more information.