On Saturday evening, October 27, 2018, Christ School celebrated the end of a very successful 5-year campaign. Thanks to the generosity and support from our donors, what was intended to be a $20 million campaign ended with an incredible total of $26,73,224 from over 1,800 donors! 130% of our original goal!
The result of the incredible good will and generosity is a campus transformed by the following:
- A gorgeous new Stolz Dining Hall, with seating for 325, indoor and outdoor fireplaces and ample space for gathering and meeting
- Three beautiful, new faculty homes, Grace Cottage, Peachtree Cottage and Van Every House
- A fantastic, state of the art, Close Krieger Athletic Center, the largest capital project in Christ School’s history
- The Kennedy-Herterich Art Center, a wonderful, modern, light-filled facility for fine arts.
- A new Wellness Center with improved capacity and facility to provide top-notch wellness services for the boys.
- Renovated and revised office space for our Advancement, Alumni and Business work.
- A stunning Alumni Plaza which provides a pedestrian walkway and meeting spot marked by the Kimberly Clock.
- Gardner House, a renovated dormitory for 18 boys.
- And last but not least, the campaign helped grow Christ School’s vital endowment through the generosity of 186 donors, 10 named scholarships, and $4 million new planned gifts, which will someday enlarge the endowment and secure the future of the school.
$11.2 million for capital projects, including the complete renovation of the dining hall, three new faculty homes, the Kennedy-Herterich Art Center, a new Wellness Center, Gardner House dormitory, and the largest capital project to date – the Close|Krieger Athletic Center.
$4 million in future gifts through planned giving.
$5 million in additional endowed gifts for scholarships and support for the newly developed capital projects.
$1.5 million in unrestricted capital gifts.
$5 million to the Annual Loyalty Fund.
Campaign Total is $26.7 million