Alumni Weekend Draws Record Crowd
The brotherhood that sets Christ School apart was on full display May 3-5. Greenies turned out in record numbers to make this year's Alumni Weekend one of the best yet.
More than 300 alumni returned to campus, and of that number, a third were young alumni from class years 1999 to 2018.
Highlights of Alumni Weekend included:
- Alumni Awards for Nat Hyde '74 (Distinguished Alumni Award), Shannon Allison '79 (Alumni Achievement Award), Mary Jane Morrison P'96, P'99, P'04 (Headmaster's Award), and Leigh Harris (Headmaster's Award).
- Athletic Hall of Fame inductions for Malik Cooke '07 (basketball), Jamie Locke '07 (lacrosse), Rett English '08 (cross country and track), Miles Plumlee '08 (basketball), and Sam Redmond '08 (soccer).
- Dedication of the Father Kirk Brown Outdoor Chapel.
- Headmaster's Reception and a "Christ School Now" presentation by Paul Krieger.
- Alumni Memorial Eucharist with guest organist Joe Massey '65.
- Inaugural Alumni Council Pig Roast overseen by Richard Haake '87.
- Alumni Gathering at Blue Ghost Brewing Company in Fletcher, N.C.
- Golf at High Vista Country Club in Mills River, N.C.
Christ School would like to thank more than 100 donors who have allowed the "100 for 100" Campaign to raise over $23,000 in tribute to Mary Jane Morrison, Leigh Harris, Father Kirk Brown, and Jeff Miles. Nearly 70 alumni have made gifts, and there is still time to join the campaign.