Founded in 1900 and located in Asheville, NC, Christ School is an all-boys (8th- 12th grade) school affiliated with the Episcopal Church. Our 292 boys come from 15 states and seven foreign countries with a 75% boarding and 25% day student ratio. Our international population is 8.5% with 14% students of color. The school currently operates with a waiting list.
Faculty Positions Available:
Upper School Spanish Instructor
Christ School announces a search for an Spanish Instructor to begin duties in August 2018.
Christ School (Asheville, NC), an independent boarding and day school serving boys in grades 8 through 12, is seeking a dynamic team player to serve as an upper school Spanish teacher for the 2018-2019 school year. The ideal candidate will appreciate the School’s Episcopal tradition and embrace single-gender education.
Faculty members in the Spanish department value collegiality, and interested candidates must work well as part of a team. Christ School seeks enthusiastic educators who are eager to engage in all aspects of independent school life. The teaching faculty at Christ School are deeply devoted to the mission of the school.
- An undergraduate degree in Spanish is required
- Two or more years teaching upper school Spanish
- Candidate must be interested in working and living with adolescents
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
- Consideration will be given to candidates with a background in ESL instruction
The following components are required parts of teaching positions:
- Classroom teaching: four sections totaling around 50-60 students
- Providing formal assessments with grades and comments four times per year
- Weekly comments for students in the Learning Resources program
- Attending faculty meetings
- Replying to communication from students, parents, and colleagues within 24 hours
- Being involved in dormitory or other evening coverage
- Serving as an advisor to approximately four to seven students
- Coaching two seasons or covering an approved equivalent activity
Teaching positions are ten-month, academic year appointments.
About the School
Christ School’s success over the last 117 years is due to its unwavering commitment to a noble mission: to produce educated men of good character, prepared for scholastic achievement and productive citizenship. The school fulfills its mission by offering its students relevant academic
programming, athletic participation, work contribution to the Christ School enterprise, and spiritual formation in the Episcopal tradition.
Faculty and staff typically refer to students as “our boys.” Students’ successes, as well as their struggles, are embraced collectively. Teachers and administrators who thrive at Christ School do so because they care. They work hard, rewarded not so much by recognition as by knowing their impact on young lives. Embracing providing an environment in which students are challenged and encouraged, teachers see their students thrive in this close-knit community committed to excellence.
Interested applicants can email their cover letter and resume to Brooke Depelteau, Academic Dean, at email@example.com or 500 Christ School Road, Arden, NC 28704.
No calls please.
Christ School is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, handicap, veteran’s status, or any other legally protected status.
Administrative Positions Available:
There are no administrative positions available at this time.
Coaching Positions Available:
Baseball JV Head Coach & Assistant Coach
Please contact our Athletic Director Scott Willard at 828-684-6232 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.