Christ School is an Episcopal boarding and day school founded in 1900 with a full college preparatory curriculum for the more than 260 eighth to twelfth grade boys. Christ School is nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, outside of Asheville, NC.
Faculty Positions Available:
Christ School anticipates faculty openings for 2015-16 in the following academic disciplines:
Department / Division: Athletics
Reports to: Head of School
Position Status: Exempt/Full-Time/Senior Administrator
Athletics is an integral part of Christ School where we see it as our duty to develop the entire person. The Athletic Director is a senior administrative position, reporting directly to the Head of School and a member of the Administrative Team. He or she will work with the Administrative team to support all athletic programs and coaches at the school.
Christ School’s athletic program strives to produce well-rounded student athletes who exemplify the values of the school. All Christ School students are required to participate in a sport/activity each season. Our athletic program equips students with the physical skills, self-discipline, and goal-oriented behaviors that accompany successful training for any sport.
Christ School is a member of the North Carolina Independent School Athletic Association (NCISAA).
- Supervise or arrange for supervision at all home events
- Ensure that the athletics programs meet all NCISAA standards and requirements
- Create, maintain, and evaluate annual budget for the athletics program
- Manage use of and ensure proper maintenance all athletic facilities
- Keep students and parents informed of key dates (information meetings, tryout dates, final roster dates, etc)
- Meet periodically with Head of School to assess athletics program’s performance and needs
- We are seeking a candidate who has demonstrated leadership skills and an ability to communicate effectively with multiple constituent groups
- Experience with mentoring and evaluating coaches
- Strong organizational skills
- Coaching experience in an educational setting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated commitment to educational values through sports
- The best candidates will possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and facility in the use of current technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
Salary and Benefits:
Christ School salaries and benefits are highly competitive with other leading independent schools. For new appointments, salaries reflect experience and training.
Email or mail cover letter and resume to Paul Krieger, Headmaster at PKrieger@christschool.org or 500 Christ School Rd, Arden, NC 28704.
Educational Technology Coordinator:
- To teach two sections of technology classes per semester
- Work closely with the Director of Educational Technology to identify technology needs of students and to determine the appropriate technology class offerings. Will also identify technology needs of teachers and assist them in integrating technology in their classes
- Assist in training of faculty at the opening of each school year and in technology inservice workshops
- Represent school at conferences
- Serve on Technology Committee
- Stay current with educational technology by attending professional development opportunities and subscribing to technology publications
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or have teaching experience in the technology field. Experience with a breadth of computer applications is essential
- This 9-month position reports to the Director of Educational Technology
All positions also require residential supervision, student advising, and coaching. Qualified applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in the field in which they expect to teach, or strong academic preparation in that field. Advanced degrees, teaching experience, and certification are preferred.
Email or mail cover letter and resume to Joseph R. Mouer, Director of Curriculum and Academics, at email@example.com, or 500 Christ School Rd, Arden, NC 28704.
Staff Positions Available:
No staff positions are open currently.
Coaching Positions Available:
No coaching positions are open currently.
Christ School is an equal opportunity employer.