Christ School is an Episcopal boarding and day school founded in 1900 with a full college preparatory curriculum for the more than 260 eighth to twelfth grade boys. Christ School is nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, outside of Asheville, NC.
Faculty Positions Available:
Christ School anticipates faculty openings for 2015-16 in the following academic disciplines:
- English Instructor, to teach four sections of American Literature and World Literature.
- Director of Technology and Digital Media (below)
Qualified applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in the field in which they expect to teach, or strong academic preparation in that field. Advanced degrees, experience, and certifications are preferred but not required. All faculty also participate in residential supervision, student advising, and coaching of sports or student activities. Christ School is an equal opportunity employer.
Email or mail cover letter and resume to Joseph R. Mouer, Director of Curriculum and Academics, at email@example.com, or 500 Christ School Rd, Arden, NC 28704.
Director of Technology & Digital Media
Responsible for and oversee all IT functions including websites, social media, office equipment, A/V equipment, email, and phone system.
- Oversee website, social and digital manager and writing content and blogs for digital platforms. Oversee editing and posting all digital communications and photos, meeting publication deadlines, troubleshooting problems and monitoring digital and social media communications.
- Evaluate and recommend strategies, equipment and/or software to improve the schools systems, website and marketing.
- Manage and supervise direct reports; The Assistant Director of Technology (responsible for day-to-day IT support) and Digital Media Manager.
- Serve as liaison to the school’s 3rd party outsource partners for email servers and web hosting.
- Work with internal departments to ensure that school information is posted in a timely manner and messaging is consistent with the school’s mission.
- Monitor trends in social, digital and mobile media and explore new tools and applications.
Educational Technology Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with faculty to identify technology needs of students and to determine the appropriate technology class offerings.
- Identify technology needs of teachers and assist them in integrating technology in their classrooms
- Assist in training of faculty at the opening of each school year and offer technology in-service workshops
- Serve on Technology Committee
- Stay current with educational technology by attending professional development opportunities and subscribing to industry publications
- Assist with projects
- Provide technical assistance as needed
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital and social media.
- Proficient graphic design knowledge including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Web Development
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professional, collaborative, team player.
Email or mail cover letter and resume to Paul Krieger, Headmaster, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 500 Christ School Rd, Arden, NC 28704.
Staff Positions Available:
No staff positions are open currently.
Coaching Positions Available:
No coaching positions are open currently.
Christ School is an equal opportunity employer.